Saturday, November 13, 2010

Inaugural post

I guess I'd like to start this blog by introducing myself. It seems appropriate.


My name is Kali. I'm a new gamer, a relatively new knitter, and an old baker. Baking was my very first hobby, and for many years my only hobby. I was introduced to knitting at 22 (almost a year ago) and picked it up pretty naturally. My biological mom taught me, so I guess it must be in my blood. And let me just tell you, her genes are fuckin strong.
I guess I should probably put out a little disclaimer now that I curse like a sailor, and can get pretty vulgar at times. Consider yourselves warned.
At any rate, I've always been fascinated by games as well, but I never believed that I had the hand-eye coordination in which to play them. I played my first first person shooter, and I was pretty hooked from there on in.
When I'm not knitting, baking or gaming, I'm a full time psychology student at my local university. I plan to graduate this time next year with my bachelors in psych and move on to grad school. My dream schools are UCSD and Berkeley.

This blog will most likely be mostly knitting based, with a light focus on what I may be playing at the moment and a few baking recipes here and there. Thats my plan, but hey, lets see how it goes. It'll be fun.

So, you may ask, what have I been up to? Well, lets start with whats on my needles. I should note that I get all of my patterns on Ravelry, so if you're interested in seeing the pattern before I post my FO's, be sure to head over there and check it out. I'll post patterns with my FO's.

Currently, I'm working on:
October is for Spinners, a lovely laceweight scarf
A Pair Of Hearts, socks
a towel that I'm currently winging and
two Christmas hats sized for American Girl Dolls, meant to look like Hello Kitty. These will be gifted with the child sized hats.

Next, what am I playing? Currently I have a game of Civilization IV going (being pretty much my very first game, except a test game where I got my bearings and then started over once I knew what I was doing), and I've recently started playing LOTRO. Both of these games are out of character for me. For one, I'm not big on turn based games (Civ IV), but I find this one to be quite addicting. I hear that Sid Meier's games tend to be that way. As far as LOTRO... well... I've never really been interested in the LOTR series. Sorry guys, it's just not my deal. You'll catch me reading a psych related book or a vampire novel (Note: NOT FUCKIN TWILIGHT! VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE) before you'll see me reading LOTR. I'm not huge on fiction, so sue me.

I suppose that's about all I have for now. I promise future entries will be far less bland, but introductions are seldom entertaining.

Thanks for reading, and I'll talk to you soon!



Kali

No comments:

Post a Comment